Monday, October 22, 2018

Breverton's Complete Herbal: A book of remarkable plants and their uses


This book caught my eye when I saw that it is inspired by The Compleat Herball and The English Physitian by Culpeper, an 18th century botanist. The use of herbs in medicine, decoration, perfumes, and recipes has always been interesting to me. This is a perfect coffee table book. You will find some interesting tidbit every time you pick it up. The book is organized alphabetically by herb name. Each section includes the herb's name(s), physical description, properties and uses, and other tidbits. For instance, I didn't know that cinnamon is high in antioxidants or that ivy was once used as a cure for jaundice. I would not use this book for any medicinal purposes but it certainly is interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment