Friday, October 19, 2018

Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine

Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman, 327 pages.
So I am the last one I know among the readers with whom I work to read Eleanor Oliphant. Here is what LindaKathleenChrista, and Kara all had to say about it.
Eleanor, a woman who had had a horrific childhood, slowly comes to a sense of her life over the course of this book. She discovers that she can move on after a disappointing obsession with a local semi-celebrity, and she learns to start interacting with her co-workers. With the help of her new friends and the advice they give, she slowly puts some of her past behind her.
I listened to this book, mainly because I am listening to a lot of books this year, and I really enjoyed Cathleen McCarron's narration. McCarron does a wonderful job showing the cold and distant Oliphant's depth and her hidden warmth.

No comments:

Post a Comment