Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Poison Eaters

The Poison Eaters and other stories by Holly Black  212 pp.

This is a short story collection by one of my favorite fantasy authors. It's quite a variety of fantastical stories. The title story was not my favorite. I think the one I liked best was about a library student witnessing a party where the characters of books come to life and then enter other books when the party ends. It certainly had my favorite line in the whole book: "Lo, John Galt hath eaten all the salsa..." to which Wolverine asks "Who's John Galt?" Second on my favorites list is the story about a food eating contest against the Devil.

Fun.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. I loved the Devil story, and had a blast with the library students (don't we wish library school was that exciting???)

    ReplyDelete