Monday, June 21, 2010

Kapitoil

Kapitoil/Teddy Wayne 311 pg.

I have a problem with TOO MANY BOOKS checked out and I'm not even sure why I checked this one out. I considered just bringing it back and not reading it at all but thought I should at least take a quick look. Not to overstate, but after the first 50 pages, I thought this book was destined to be my favorite of the year. I love the protagonists, the way he looks at thing, the way he thinks. The writing is really cool and the way the author lists "new words and idioms" that the character learns at the end of each chapter is interesting. Unfortunately, the end of the book is kind of a sell out, I think. Somehow, it just isn't as satisfying as the rest of the book and so it loses points. Still a very good book. - Christa

No comments:

Post a Comment