Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Angelology

Angelology by Danielle Trussoni  451 pp.

Part mystery, part thriller, part fantasy...I don't know what this book wants to be. A secret society of Angelologists fight to keep the evil and now decaying Nephilim, cruel half-human, half-angel creatures, from finding the angelic lyre that could return them to power. The story takes place in the WWII era and the present and centers around Sister Evangeline and Verlaine, an art historian who is searching for the letters of the late Abigail Rockefeller. I listened to this on audio and while I couldn't wait for some sections to finish, other parts were riveting. One part near the end made me laugh--it describes Evangeline feeling like she was enclosed in a glass dome when she hears the music of the lyre and all that came to my mind was the "Cone of Silence" from the old "Get Smart" t.v. show. 17 cds worth was a bit long.

No comments:

Post a Comment