Monday, June 7, 2010

Infinity/Sherrilyn Kenyon

Infinity (Chronicles of Nick, book 1), by Sherrilyn Kenyon; young adult; 480 pages

Kenyon appears to be jumping on the train of adult authors writing new YA series. This novel is set in the same world as her long-running Dark-Hunter series, but this was, surprisingly, not a romance. There was a vague love interest, but the main character is only 14, so it was more of a crush-from-a-distance situation. Another unexpected plus from this book was the fact that the plot centers around football players turning into zombies. Which was awesome. I loved Nick's sarcastic inner voice, (it had me laughing out loud in parts), and there was lots of action, which made this a very quick read. I did wonder about how much of it would make sense to people that haven't read her adult series (I've read a few of them, and even I had some trouble figuring out which faction is which). I'm looking forward to the next book in this series, and seeing the characters mature a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment