Friday, June 18, 2010

On Writing: Stephen King

So, basically the whole youth floor knows that I'm going to the University of Iowa to write...

Thus, I figured the next snootiest thing for me to do would be to actually read books about writing :D

Actually, I hate books on writing. I think people who write about writing should make friends with people who worry about worrying. That's how obsolete and obnoxious most of them are.

BUT.

While I didn't LOVE this book, it did manage to make me cry. How is this so, you may ask. Well, I dug the memoir stuff. The part about "how to write" was addressed purely to fiction writers, which didn't really please me much as a poet...Yet, by the end, when he's talking about how he was almost killed by a car and writing helped him recover, I found myself tearing up, much to my chagrin.

Hence, I would say, not a wasteful read whatsoever. It has instilled in me an even deeper love of writing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment