Monday, June 28, 2010

Catching Fire, by Suzanne Collins

Catching Fire (Book 2 of the Hunger Games), by Suzanne Collins; young adult; 400 pages

As predicted by just about everyone, I've fallen in love with this series. But I do wish I'd waited until the third book is out before starting this. While The Hunger Games has a pretty good ending (or at least, a stopping point), Catching Fire ends on a huge cliffhanger, with one of the main characters captured by the enemy and a whole lot of people dead or injured. Granted, I only have to wait two months and some change for the third book, but it's gonna be hard. I will point out that I got really, really involved in this book. I spent most of Saturday afternoon reading, and even yelling at the book in several places. Because, you know, it helps. So now I'll be looking for other things to tide me over until Mockingjay is out...

No comments:

Post a Comment