Monday, February 7, 2011

Oh No She Didn't!/Clinton Kelly


Oh No She Didn't!: The Top 100 Style Mistakes Women Make and How to Avoid Them by Clinton Kelly; fashion; 208 pages

I admit that What Not To Wear is one of my guilty pleasures. Fortunately, I don't have cable, so my exposure is limited to when I'm traveling or at a friend's house, which keeps me from getting too engrossed. So this book, by one of the show's hosts, was was fun diversion for me, even if I'm not sure I'll take it all to heart.

Kelly doesn't pull any punches here, with brutally honest takes on every fashion faux pas imaginable. But I'll admit, the snark is most of what I loved about this book (that, and the photos illustrating extreme cases of each slip-up). While I think everyone will recognize themselves in a few of these entries, overall, it's a good book of advice on looking good. The main point Kelly wants to make seems to be that everything should fit right, and if it doesn't fit off the rack, pay a few extra dollars to have it altered. Sound advice, if not always realistic (for me, at least). A fun, fast read that should be shared.

Check our catalog

No comments:

Post a Comment