Monday, February 28, 2011

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson 563 pages

I listened to all of the Millenium Trilogy by downloading the audiobooks through our library. I savored each episode, saving it for a vacation listen. A couple of times I lost my place (a common pitfall for me), but I did not mind backtracking a bit. Narrator Simon Vance does a commendable job reading this book conveying atmosphere, and various characters through his voice. If you read or listened to books 1 and 2 chances are you have already read this installment. In short, despite being hospitalized, Lisbeth Salander through the help of a network of computer pals, her journalist friend, Mikael and other assorted friends, fights for her freedom and good name. Sure the tale is rather far-fetched, but it is a great roller coaster ride; I don't know whether to hope for a possible fourth or be content with the published trilogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment