Thursday, August 26, 2010

Mockingjay/Suzanne Collins

Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, book 3), by Suzanne Collins; young adult, science fiction; 392 pages

Christa's already beat me to posting about this, but I need to get my two cents in. There's nothing quite so satisfying for me as getting the last book in a series I love. So I really enjoyed this book. It's less of a science fiction vibe and more of a war story, as the battle between the rebels and the Capitol heats up. The Peeta vs. Gale situation I've been following since book one is resolved (I won't say how), but it doesn't get as much time in the story as I would have liked. I was a little disappointed with the ending, but I can't say why without spoiling it, so I'll leave it at that. Overall, I was really pleased with this, and feel at loose ends now that the series is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment