Monday, August 9, 2010

Batman: Battle for the Cowl, by Tony Daniel

Batman: Battle for the Cowl by Tony Daniel (story) and Fabian Nicieza (art); graphic novel; 160 pages

This is the follow-up to a long string of Batman arcs, and I've only read a few of them. As a result, I think I missed some of the subtleties of the story, and I definitely had to looks some characters up to figure out when, exactly, they had come back from the dead. I found this interesting to read, especially so close to finishing Knightfall, because the plot is very similar: Bruce Wayne is out of the picture, and a new, impostor Batman is out of control. This story goes in a totally different direction than Knightfall, but I couldn't help comparing them as I read. The art is FAR better here, by the way. I may have missed some things here, but reading this did give me some ideas for which stories to read next (as I'm now apparently reading the series in reverse order).

No comments:

Post a Comment