Monday, August 23, 2010

Bullet/Laurell K. Hamilton

Bullet (Anita Blake series, book 19) by Laurell K. Hamilton; paranormal romance; 368 pages

If you asked me to tell you what this book is about, I don't think I could. It's not that I don't know what was going on, but more that there wasn't any kind of plot or central goal here. In fact, any scene in this book could have been clipped and inserted in or from any other recent volume in this series. The characters have grown stagnant, the supporting cast has grown to huge to keep straight, and I've mostly stopped reading these books and just started skimming for plot advancement. I guess I keep coming back to this series, hoping that it will return to the good old days of books 1-9. It hasn't, and I think it's time for me to give up.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Love the tag "horrible"...I could have used that on a couple I've read this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurell needs to stop scattering her attention to so many other projects...and a good editor wouldn't hurt. But I'm selfish enough to be glad she's taking time to sponsor "Strowlerfest" next month.

    ReplyDelete