Monday, September 12, 2016

The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo

The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo by Amy Schumer, 323 pages.

Since I'm kind of slow and out of touch I only first heard of Amy Schumer  six months ago or so, when a co-worker mentioned one of the more famous skits from her show. Schumer's famous now, and she is hilarious and she is very experienced at stand up. She talks about how hard she has worked to get where she is now.
It's a good, but not a great book. There's a bit of the filler that you find in books by popular stars. Schumer put in a few lists of things she likes and dislikes that sort of interrupt the flow, and she contradicts herself from time to time, but for the most part the author is honest (or not, who can tell with these famous people) and funny. A pretty very good read.
So, I finished this book review around midnight, when I was mostly asleep. Reading this review the next day, I realized that I had been unfair to the author; while this book did have some internal contradictions, and weak spots, it also had some hilarious stories and a lot of (what I assume are) honest moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment