Sunday, December 31, 2017

A Man Called Ove

A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman, 337 pages.

Ove's beloved wife has died and he doesn't see any reason to hang around anymore. As he readies himself and his house for his suicide, his neighbors keep interrupting him. I listened to the audio version of this months and months ago and then re-read it for book group. I was really surprised that Ove, his wife who had died after years of ill-health, and his neighbors who are facing involuntary removal to a nursing home, are all seemingly in their fifties. Seems a little odd, but other than Ove, none of their ages are given. I was left with the impression that they were all about the same age. Maybe I missed something. I will look for it on my third reading. Anyway, a nice gentle book, despite all the death.

No comments:

Post a Comment