Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, 318 pages, YA

This was an excellent book, very sad, but never maudlin.
Kara wrote an excellent review a few months, ago, and it's late on the last day of the month and I'm falling asleep (and then I actually did fall asleep but the blog post counted. Hah!).
I don't even want to talk about it. I had to stop reading it on the plane back from Seattle, cuz no one wants a really large librarian weeping near them on a 737. I know that's true, I've asked
This is a beautiful story about Hazel and Augustus, the love they find, and how they and their families and friends deal with serious illness. Augustus's parents turn to their faith, famed author Peter Van Houten drinks a lot, Isaac eggs his ex-girlfriend's house, and Hazel and Gus turn to an angry and honest form of humor.
.
Check our Catalog.

No comments:

Post a Comment