Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Dog Stars

The Dog Stars by Peter Heller, 319 pages

A lot has already been said about this book, so I won't go into detail. If you want a better look at the plot, check out Linda's post). What I will say is that it took me a while to warm up to this sparse, stream-of-consciousness story. I wasn't immediately taken with Hig's "marking time" version of survival (nine years of flying the perimeter and minimal human interaction? Really?), but once he busted himself out of his rut, the story got much better for me. That's likely because I'm used to YA versions of dystopia (Faster paced! More people! Mockingjays!). Looking back on it though, I can say that I enjoyed the story as a whole.

[This is part 4 in the Unintentional Animal Series.]

No comments:

Post a Comment