Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Comic Book History of Comics

The Comic Book History of Comics by Fred Van Lente and Ryan Dunlavey, 224 pages

Karen summed this up pretty well in her post, so I'm not going to go over that. Instead, I'll just note that this is an interesting and illuminating read, filled with just the right amount of snark. As someone who's pretty new to reading comics, this was a good look at the overall history of the comic book industry, without getting too in-depth about specifics. It made me curious about several comics, which is good. I will say, however, that this likely wouldn't have worked for me if it was in a non-illustrated form. Again, as someone new to the genre, too much of the terminology would have gone over my head if not for Dunlavey's artwork. Well worth checking out!

No comments:

Post a Comment