Tuesday, January 22, 2013

I Could Pee on This

I Could Pee on This: And Other Poems by Cats by Francesco Marciuliano, 111 pages

[Part 3 in the Unintentional Animal Series; part 1, part 2]

I do not generally like poetry. I have nothing against people who do enjoy it, but generally speaking, it's not my cup of tea (or coffee. I don't really like tea either.). But when there's a silly hook--in this case, the poems are supposedly written by house cats--I'll give it a shot. I liked most of these. As a cat owner, I found that many of them rang true, especially "Nudge" and "Forever," which refer to pushing things off tables and cuddling only when least convenient, respectively. This is a cute book for cat people. If you're not a cat person, you'll think it's a waste of time. But isn't that how most cat people things are?

No comments:

Post a Comment