Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Les Miserables

Les Miserables/Victor Hugo 1364 pgs.

It makes me laugh that you think I'm going to do a summary of this 1300+ page book right here. Ok, if you insist.  Whatever you thought you knew about Les Mis from the movie or musical is such a minor part of the book.  Sure, there is Jean Valjean, Cosette, Fantine, and Javert but there are SO MANY MORE.  You don't get a 1300 + page count based on 5 characters.  In addition to the story, Hugo takes this opportunity to write extensively about the events of the day, famous people, and just about anything that was on his mind.  I have to say, it is very unlikely that I could have finished this book on my own but with the great support from the adult summer reading group here at UCPL, it was a pleasure to hear what others had to say about the parts I didn't "get" the first time around.  Viva le Paris!

check our catalog

No comments:

Post a Comment