Thursday, August 9, 2012

Neonomicon/Alan Moore

Neonomicon by Alan Moore, Antony Johnston, and Jacen Burrows; graphic novel, horror; 176 pages

While I really liked the idea behind this story, I have to agree with Karen that this book was a little too graphic for my taste.  It follows a group of federal agents tracking a series of gruesome murders; in each case, the victims are horribly mutilated in the same way, but none of the killers have any connection.  The investigation leads two undercover agents to a bizarre cult whose followers worship an ancient god. 

The story is, of course, very well written (it's Alan Moore, after all).  I want someone to record the songs played in Club Zothique, because I would totally buy that album!  I also thought the twist at the end was brilliant!  However, the middle parts, while very important and riveting (in the way that a horror movie is riveting), were a little more explicit than I was looking for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment