Sunday, May 23, 2010

You Suck: A Love Story-Christopher Moore

What is it with people with the last name Moore? Michael Moore and his documentaries, now this Christopher Moore and his urban fantasy novels...these kids are crazy.

So, how was this book? Well, definitely a fun, quick read. A bit high on the profanity...whores, cussing, bongs. It's a bit much for my taste. I felt like if I were a twenty year old guy, I might have enjoyed those bits more. Other than that, You Suck, which is a sequel to Bloodsucking Fiends, was very funny. It goes into Jody and C. Thomas Flood's vampire escapades, how they try to find ways to humanely feed off the living (semi-successful) and keep their relationship together (a surprise at the end!). Sprinkled in is a hooker named Blue, who is literally dyed blue, with blue hair and blue...well...anyway.

I decided to read it because I was sick, but I think anyone would find a Christopher Moore novel a nice pick me up :)

So yes, not the best thing since poptarts, but certainly a good read!

No comments:

Post a Comment