Friday, May 28, 2010

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet;'s Nest

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest/Stieg Larsson 566 pg.

The 3rd and tragically last book of the Millenium trilogy begins just minutes after the previous book ended. Lisbeth Salander is located by Mikael Blomkvist but to say she is in bad shape doesn't quite do justice to the 3 gunshot wounds and live burial that she has sustained. Lisbeth is airlifted to the hospital while Blomkvist angers the cops. Now go forward 550 pages of recovery, plotting, planning, investigation and intrigues until we get to some great Salander action. Unfortunately, for me, that is the best part of these books. Luckily, I also like the political intrigue, etc. but man, I wish there was more action.

I recently read that Larsson had talked about this being a 10 book series. I could really go for a few more but instead I've not finished the series and that makes me sad. - Christa
Oh yea, I spent my entire day off reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment