Monday, June 20, 2016

The Passenger

The Passenger by Lisa Lutz  320 pp.

Tanya Dubois leaves town while her husband lays dead at the bottom of the stairs. The second sentence of the book says "I didn't do it" so why is she running? Tanya must leave to avoid scrutiny since she is not really Tanya but someone else. She soon sheds the identity of Tanya and becomes another person, then another, and another...you get the idea. While on the run she forms a "friendship" with Blue, another woman with a false identity. Soon, the innocent Tanya/Amelia/Nora... becomes involved in other deaths before finally having the opportunity of turning herself in and having the truth come out about what started her on the run. I wasn't sure I liked this book at first, but in the end I found it worth reading although I had figured out the "big reveal" at the end pretty early on.  

No comments:

Post a Comment