Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The Spellman Files by Lisa Lutz 0743564340 355 pages. audiobook read by Ari Graynor



Let me start this with a mea culpa. I never read abridged books. I never choose abridged audiobooks… but, until I was getting the bibliographic information for this, I discovered that this 6 disc audiobook was in fact an abridged work. Nevermind. Ari Graynor does a stellar job reading this book about a “wild family”. They have a family business – Spellman Investigations. Izzy, the narrator began working for her parents when she was 12; she is now 28 and ready to leave the business. She blames her family for her unlucky love life – she loses her boyfriend when he discovers that she did a background check on him and his family. After all, her parents do bug her bedroom and have no qualms about tailing her. It is actually the parents’ adversion to dentists that ruins her latest relationship. Her younger sister, Rae (14) disappears. It could be because she likes to “tail strangers” or perhaps she hangs out at unsavory dives after curfew. I learned my lesson. I am checking out the sequel to read, but I do recommend the Ari Graynor’s version for your intro to a non-typical, but highly entertaining detective family.

No comments:

Post a Comment