Thursday, April 12, 2012

Stir of Echoes

Stir of Echoes by Richard Matheson, 211 pages

After being hypnotized by his brother-in-law, Tom Wallace is suddenly tuned in to emotions and tragedies taking place all around him, including being visited by a ghostly woman in his own living room. Tension mounts as he tries to harness the power before it destroys him and his marriage.

I enjoyed this quick read, though I'll admit I wasn't as scared as I thought I would be (though that may be because I was reading during the day, with the sound of my daughter's baby swing and the neighbor's lawnmower in the background; middle-of-the-night reading would probably be more conducive to the heebie-jeebies). But I like Matheson's writing style here, even if I still prefer I Am Legend.

No comments:

Post a Comment