Thursday, December 12, 2013

Sum it up

Sum it up:  1,098 victories, a couple of irrelevant losses, and a life in perspective by Pat Summitt 407 pgs.

Let me just say WOW, I picked up this book because it was up for best biography/memoir on goodreads up against the World's Strongest Librarian and I'm glad I did.  I had some idea who Pat Summitt was and know the Lady Vols have had a very successful basketball program for a long time.  I'm glad I took the time to learn more about this impressive woman and the legacy that she built by having the most wins of any NCAA Division I basketball team in history.  Looks like that record will stand for awhile, 1,098 victories.  Her brand of tough love with her players led them to achieve things they never thought possible. But she admits not everyone was glad they signed onto the team.  I can only imagine what it must be like to be on the receiving end of one of her withering glares.  In addition to her coaching career, this book talks about her fairly recent Alzheimer's diagnosis and how she is coping and working to maintain her independence and overall health. An impressive journey.

check our catalog


No comments:

Post a Comment