Saturday, August 10, 2013

The Prague Cemetery

The Prague Cemetery by Umberto Eco  444 pp.

I have always enjoyed Eco's novels but this one did nothing for me. Even the audiobook read by George Guidall couldn't save it. It was very hard to get into because the narration is the ramblings and rants of a man with multiple personalities who hates just about everybody (Jews, the Jesuits, the Freemasons, the French, Germans, Russians, etc.). He is writing a diary after the events of the previous forty years about the multiple conspiracies that took place during the late 1800s. I kept hoping this one would get better because I wanted to like it. If I were to rank the Eco books I've read this one doesn't come close to comparing with Baudolino or The Name of the Rose and trails far behind The Mysterious Flame of Queen Loana.

No comments:

Post a Comment