Sunday, August 11, 2013

I Wear the Black Hat: Grappling with Villains (Real and Imagined) by Chuck Klosterman

I Wear the Black Hat: Grappling with Villains (Real and Imagined) by Chuck Klosterman, 214 pages.

Klosterman is someone that I have always assumed that I would have read. I have thumbed through his books, and checked them out from the Library, but I have (until now) never actually read them. Cindy recommended this one, and though she no longer blogs about her reading (why is that, Cindy?) she is still a force to be reckoned with in competitive reading circles, and her recommendations are not to be ignored.
I Wear the Black Hat is witty and well-thought out, but could have been expanded. It is basically a series of essays on villains such the Eagles, The Oakland Raiders, NWA, Bill Clinton vs. Linda Tripp vs. Monica Lewinsky, and O. J..
Sort of tongue-in-cheek, and funny, and insightful-Klosterman is a fine writer. After I was done, though, it seemed that Klosterman could have said more.

Check our catalog.

No comments:

Post a Comment