Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Artemis Fowl

Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer, 277 pages

I love a good heist, and Colfer delivers with this tale of a 12-year-old criminal mastermind and his ingenious theft of legendary fairy gold. Artemis comes from a long line of gentlemen thieves, but he's the first to try stealing from a race that he isn't even sure exists. Sure enough, they do, and we manage to meet a handful of fairies of different races, some of whom are more human-like than others. This was a fun story, full of twists, deception, and more than a little fart humor, making it particularly attractive to the YA audience for which it was written. I particularly liked Artemis' nemesis Holly Short, who undoubtedly plays a major role in the rest of the Artemis Fowl series. I see more of these in my future, as I share them with my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment