Monday, April 29, 2013

Lost at sea

Lost at sea: the Jon Ronson mysteries / Jon Ronson 400 pgs.

Jon Ronson had me as a fan after reading The Psychopath Test. Now he is back with a series of features about situations that are less extreme but each weird in their own way.  How do you feel about pedophiles, assisted suicide, hypnotists, and Insane Clown Posse?  Each are featured in this new book by Ronson where he tells the stories of the fringes of our society.  I don't know what it is about his writing but he never makes fun of a situation that seems ripe for a little ridicule but actually is a genius at questioning their practices in the most respectful way. Some of these stories will disturb you, others will delight you.  I'm probably going to read everything I can by Jon Ronson for the rest of my life.

check our catalog

No comments:

Post a Comment