Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Hush, Hush

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick, 391 pages

OK, my patience with teen girls and their obsessions with dark, mysterious bad boys is growing thin. In this iteration, our heroine Nora finds herself both frustrated by and falling for the tall, dark, and gorgeous Patch (LAME NAME!). In several dangerous situations, she's not sure if he's going to save her or kill her; all she knows is that his presence makes her heart beat faster and that she really wants to kiss him. The plot continues like this for WAY. TOO. LONG. Especially considering that a quick glance at the front cover tells us that this guy is a fallen angel (Just look at that cover over there and tell me I'm spoiling something).

I've read worse books than this one, but I can't say that this one has much to recommend it. The characters are two-dimensional, the plot's weak, and the title has absolutely nothing to do with the actual book, which means I'll probably forget that I read this one. And that's OK by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment