Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Evolution of Mara Dyer

The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin, 527 pages

OK, so I know my review of the first book in this trilogy (why must they always be trilogies?!?!?) may have come across as a bit tepid, but the more I thought about it, the more intrigued I was by the whole story. Mara's definitely suffering from PTSD, but is she hallucinating or is something more going on? I had to pick up this second book to find out. Honestly, I'm glad I did. Hodkin keeps the twists and turns coming, and I'm just as flummoxed by this book as I was by the first. And when a character is going through the traumatic experiences that Mara's dealing with, that makes it all the more real. I'll definitely be reading the third book in this series, as I'm curious as to how this whole story will shake out. Gotta say though, if this turns out to be all a dream or some dumb thing like that, I'll be seriously ticked off.

No comments:

Post a Comment