Friday, June 29, 2012

One for the Money

One for the Money by Janet Evanovich  290 pp.

Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series is wildly popular. Up to this point I hadn't bothered with them. I finally decided to see what the hoopla was all about. I can understand why people like them so much although I'm not that impressed. There is lots of action, bad guys, and mystery. But the stupidity of the main character turned me off. In this first book, Plum loses her job and ends up working as a bounty hunter for her bail bondsman cousin (without a reliable car, familiarity with guns, knowledge of procedures...). She ends up on the hunt for and then partnering with an old nemesis while tangling with a sadistic boxer named. If you want a book with lots of action, by all means, go for this series. If you like a little more depth in your characters and plots look elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment