Monday, November 22, 2010

The Walking Dead 6/Robert Kirkman

The Walking Dead volume 6, by Robert Kirkman; horror, graphic novel; 304 pages

The story of life after the zombie apocalypse continues in this new volume. Here, human beings continue to be far more dangerous monsters than the zombies, which our crew has gotten quite adept at killing. I would have thought that, after some of the previous volumes, that nothing else in these books could shock me, but I was wrong. This isn't something to be read while eating, and you don't want to think too hard about what's going on between the lines. The most chilling part of this book, for me, was the implication that our group of core characters are starting to become every bit as monstrous as those they face. This is going to stick with me, and I'm eagerly awaiting the next volume.

No comments:

Post a Comment