Monday, September 13, 2010

The Queen of Attolia/Megan Whalen Turner

The Queen of Attolia (Queen's Thief, book 2), by Megan Whalen Turner; young adult, fantasy; 368 pages

I loved this book every bit as much as the first one, which comes as no surprise, given this series' reputation. I can't go into too many details about the plot here without giving away the twist at the end of the The Thief, so I'll settle for talking about the wonderful writing, the character drama, and the sort of intrigue and plotting one would expect in a book about a thief. This volume isn't narrated by Gen, but told from a third person point of view. At first, I missed Gen's voice, but I quickly realized that limiting the story to Gen's perspective would have kept us from knowing vital information. Overall, I really, really enjoyed this book. I listened to it on CD in my car, which lead me to spend Saturday driving around on invented errands, just so I could find out what happened. Highly recommended.

1 comment:

  1. I just finished the fourth book (recently published) in this series. I started the series several years ago when I was a teenager. I love this author and this series!

    ReplyDelete