Monday, March 11, 2019

The Kimchi Chronicles

The Kimchi Chronicles: Korean Cooking for American Kitchens by Marja Vangerichten  248 pp.

I don't normally read cookbooks cover to cover but this was an exception. My interest in Korean food is recent and due to getting to know one of my son's housemates who, like the author, is the child of an American serviceman and Korean mother. Granted, I don't know that I will ever fix any of these recipes but even with my limited experience with Korean food, many sound very tasty. This is the companion book to The Kimchi Chronicles television series which I watched a few years ago. The author and her husband, three star Michelin chef Jean-Georges Vangerichten make these recipes occasionally with their neighbors, the actors Hugh Jackman and his wife, Deborra-Lee Furness. That series is available through Hoopla. Even if you don't read the whole thing, it's worth a browse.

No comments:

Post a Comment