Sunday, March 31, 2019

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling, 870 pages

My daughter and I are up to Book 5 in our trip through Harry Potter's adventures. This book finds Harry experiencing the hormones, angst, and frustrations of being 16, combined with the return of Lord Voldemort, whose existence is vehemently denied by government leaders (much like climate change is an unnamed country across the pond from Harry's homeland, but that's a different story altogether). While this book has the most evil villain in all of the wizarding world, it's also my least favorite of the series, due to a side plot and character that I feel are wholly unecessary, as well as the idiotic voice I chose to employ for the aforementioned villain. (But saying it's my least favorite Harry Potter book is like naming a least favorite tropical vacation site: it's not as good as the rest, but I'm OBVIOUSLY still going to enjoy myself immensely.) Suffice it to say that my vocal chords and I are ready to start on Book 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment