Thursday, June 28, 2018

I am, I am, I am

I am, I am, I am: Seventeen brushes with death / Maggie O'Farrell, read by Daisy Donovan, 288 pgs.

An amazing account of seventeen near death experiences from the authors life.  The first one is coming across a creepy guy on a hike who she knows is not good news but ended up walking with him for a way and chatting manically.  Two days later, the guy ended up killing another girl on the trail.  Add in a couple of near drownings, a few illnesses, and a miscarriage that would not expel itself and you get an amazing story here of close calls.  This book sounds like a total downer but there are comedic parts and telling is so mater-of-fact, you can't help but be drawn in...I guess it also helps that you know she obviously does not die at the end of any of these stories. The audio book is excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment