Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Easy Soups from Scratch with Quick Breads to Match

Easy Soups from Scratch with Quick Breads to Match: 70 Recipes to Pair and Share / Ivy Manning, 176 p.

The title here says it all, and in this case, delivers on its promise.  A wide range of soup varieties with reliable instructions are on hand; my favorites were tortellini chicken soup with seasonal vegetables (extremely easy), egg and lemon soup with toasted orzo and kale, creamy wild rice and turkey, and beef barley with lots of veggies.  I really appreciated the quick bread pairings, too. I am not much of a baker and a recipe that calls for yeast is generally a recipe I won't use, but this is book full of quick breads which use baking powder or soda and only occasionally call for yeast.  At my house we liked potato rosemary farls, featherlight herb dumplings, pimento cheese biscuits, and best of all, everything rye muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment