Wednesday, November 23, 2016

A Portrait of Emily Price

A Portrait of Emily Price by Katherine Reay, 355 pages

Art conservationist Emily Price is in Atlanta for a project when she meets and rapidly falls in love with Italian chef Benito, who is visiting the States to help reinvigorate his aunt and uncle's restaurant. Pretty soon, Emily finds herself whisked away to Italy, dealing with Ben's grouchy mother and gravely ill father.

This isn't exactly the type of book I'd usually pick up. It's a little too frothy and chick lit for my tastes. However, when you're sick or have mental overload, this is perfect. While the characters weren't quite as developed as I'd prefer, I enjoyed the look at art conservation, as well as the idyllic Italian setting. It made me crave a trip to the art museum and a hearty pasta dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment