Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Brief Encounters

Brief Encounters: Conversations, Magic Moments, & Assorted Hijinks by Dick Cavett  267 pp.

This book is a collection of previously published essays written by Cavett over a number of years. In these writings are anecdotes, reminiscences, political and social commentaries, and homages of people who he has known, worked with, and/or had as guests on one of his many talk shows. Cavett's down-to-earth, intelligent, and often self-deprecating style makes this book a gem. I listened to the audiobook version read by Cavett, himself and it was thoroughly enjoyable to hear his distinctive voice reading his own words. If I hadn't such a backlog of books I might have listened to it a second time. I've been a fan of his for a long time and this book spurred me to seek out DVDs of his old shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment