Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Not that kind of girl

Not that kind of girl: a young woman tells you what she's "learned" / Lena Dunham  265 pgs.

I don't watch Lena Dunham's television show "Girls" mostly because I don't get HBO and I'm so far out of my twenty's I figure there isn't a whole lot for ME in the show. But I admire Lena for HAVING a show. I love what she wears on the red carpet and she sees so normal compared to the Hollywood crowd I thought I would give her book a whirl.  And, I'm so glad that I did.  Sure, it is filled with tons of over sharing and sex stories that might make you blush a bit. But it is interesting to read the stories about her college days and realize that was a mere 5 years ago!  I can't name another 28 year old with as much under their belt.  My opinion of Lena and her impressive accomplishments has only grown.  She has an admirable sense of humor and is clearly a genius.

check our catalog

No comments:

Post a Comment