Sunday, December 28, 2014

The wallcreeper

The wallcreeper / Nell Zink 193 pgs.

This book is on the Tournament of Books long list which I'm not really sure needs to exist...the final 16 will come out early in January.  But, back to the book, please.  I picked this one of the long list based on the author's name.  Don't you think that Nell Zink is the best author name since Jojo Moyes?

The book itself is not quite as interesting to me as the author's name.  Tiffany marries Stephen after 3 weeks of knowing him seemingly with the goal of never having to work.  They relocate to Switzerland then Germany and go birding.  They also freely cheat on each other and never seem to really take on the whole marriage thing.  Stephen ends up becoming interested in environmental issues, Tiffany FINALLY discovers a cause and things get better for a bit.

This book is filled with lots of hilarious/slightly silly sex scenes, I found myself wanting to return to some more interesting interactions between characters.  

FYI: The wallcreeper is a bird they rescue whose ends up being killed by a chicken hawk in the wild.  I have to say I was loving that bird right along with Tiffany and Stephen.

check our catalog

No comments:

Post a Comment