Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The English Girl

The English Girl by Daniel Silva  482 pp.

I am a huge fan of the Gabriel Allon series and I don't know how it happened that I never finished this one when it came out last year. It's almost time for the newest book in the series to come out so I pulled it out to finish it. Once again Mossad agent Gabriel Allon is pulled away from restoring a painting into the world of foreign intrigue. This time he agrees to do a favor for his MI5 friend Graham Seymour, a favor which involves finding a kidnapped young Englishwoman who just happens to be the mistress of the British Prime Minister. Things go horribly wrong and Allon finds himself in Russia once again in a plot twist involving the former Russian KGB and an oil company. This episode starts off a bit slow and slowly builds up momentum to go places you don't expect. I've already pre-ordered a signed copy of the next book, The Heist.

No comments:

Post a Comment