Monday, May 19, 2014

Screw Everyone: Sleeping My Way to Monogamy

Screw Everyone: Sleeping My Way to Monogamy by Ophira Eisenberg, 286 pages.

Everytime I listen to Ask Me Another on NPR on Saturday afternoon, I like it more. At first, it was just the show that was on after Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me, but now I frequently look forward to hearing Eisenberg's fun and witty quiz show as well.
Eisenberg's memoir is an above average comedian memoir. I used to read memoirs by comedians and comedy writers assuming they would be funny. Usually they are, for a small portion of the book, and then they run dry. So now I read them hoping they will be funny, and they usually are for a short while, and then. . .
Ophira Eisenberg is pretty funny throughout her memoir, overall the book is funnier than it is raunchy; all the sex that is implied in the title comes across as fairly tame in the book itself. I enjoyed it and will continue to enjoy her radio show.
Check our catalog.

No comments:

Post a Comment