Friday, November 15, 2013

Cold Quiet Country

Cold Quiet Country/Clayton Lindemuth 321 pgs.

It is the last day in the long career of Sheriff Bittersmith, where he has served in the small town bearing his family name. He is called to a crime scene, a farmer run through with a pitchfork with two sets of tracks leaving the scene.  This is the onset of one of the biggest snowstorm in years as well as one of the biggest crimes committed in town in years.  Unless you count the ongoing corruption and criminal acts by the Sheriff himself.  I won't say this book isn't well written or interesting in the way that good and evil clash, I will say I probably should have stopped reading early on when the nature of the characters revealed themselves.  I don't think that these things aren't  real or out there, it is just not the type of think I enjoy reading.  I stayed with it, however, and the ending, while not satisfying in many ways, did resolve the biggest issues for me.

check our catalog

No comments:

Post a Comment