Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Emma. vol. 2-5/Kaoru Mori

 Emma volumes 2-5, by Kauro Mori; young adult, manga, romance, historical fiction; 776 pages totals

Once I got started on volume two of this series, I found I couldn't stop long enough to blog, so I just kept going.  The books all started blurring together after the second hour of reading, so I'm not going to try to do individual entries for each of them.  These volumes finish introducing the characters and the conflict of the story, and give us some time to get attached to these people.  The later volumes here reminded me strongly of Downton Abbey (especially cutting between the upstairs and downstairs stories), so that was a fun surprise.  The story is really engaging, and I found myself rooting for both Emma and Will; I also found myself loving some of the supporting cast so much that I had to stop reading and say things like "Kelley Rocks!" to an empty room.  In my defense, though, I was on painkillers...

My only complaint is that these five volumes don't finish the story.  Since almost every library I checked owned vols 1-5, I (wrongly) assumed that was all there was to this series.  There are actually another five volumes, which apparently didn't get widely reviewed, and so didn't wind up in libraries.  I'm requesting the rest through ILL, so I'll be able to finish this story soon. 



No comments:

Post a Comment