Monday, March 12, 2012

I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore 440 pages

This is science fiction that I can buy into. It has a great premise: A fifteen year old has been living in the shadows on planet Earth. He has a mission, a protector and he knows that others (Mogadorians, who destroyed his home planet, Lorien) are out to kill him. He is number four -- three others have been killed. If Mogadarians kill all of the hidden Garde members Earth will likely be taken over by the Mogadorians. Whenever they suspect that his identity has been compromised, he and Henri hit the road. They are in Ohio now and he has met a girl that he has feelings for. He does not want to leave. He has just acquired a legacy (supernatural power) and hates the thought of starting over again. This successfully mixes the normal (fitting in to a new school) and the abnormal (battle by extraterrestrials). John is likeable; Henri is a noble Obi wan type mentor. Sarah fits the sweet girl next door role.
I have not seen the movie yet and am not sure that I care to. The book is a great read and I am not sure that the film would do it justice. The sequel is sitting on my bookshelf at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment