Monday, March 12, 2012

Much Ado About Loving: ... by Jack Murnighan and Maura Kelly 204 p 9781451621242

It was the sub-title that grabbed me: "What our favorite novels can teach you about date expectations, not-so-great Gatsbys and love in the time of internet personals". I am always curious about what are others' fav novels and this does include several of my personal greats. One can also guess by the wordplay that this was going to be a rather tongue-in-cheek advice to the (well read) lovelorn. The authors are VERY New York and capture the Carrie (Sex in the City) tone.
The authors try to give both the male and female perspective relative to literature and love. The advice is not remarkable, although their confessions of some of their past experiences are entertaining. I was amazed when my other half picked this up and actually perused it. However, I did not see him rushing off to experiment with reading the great book titles or engage in their advice. In other words, don't expect this self-help to really change your love life.

No comments:

Post a Comment